Some fascinating reflections about water.
- Our body is roughly 60% water.
- In some organisms water makes up 90% of their mass.
- All parts of our body need water in order to function optimally.
- When we die the water content of our body returns to the earth either directly through burial or as water vapour following cremation.
- Now consider the cycle of water.
- Travelling from the earth’s surface back into the atmosphere.
- Falling as rain, sleet, snow or hanging in the air as fog or mist.
- Flowing in rivers and streams.
- Running into the sea, reservoirs, lakes and ponds.
- Nourishing us.
- Nourishing nature.
- Water is life-giving.
- Returning once again to the atmosphere.
I wonder how many life forms the water that we interact with daily has passed through?